Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /usr/www/nomansland/public/MRG-Active-Archive/forums/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Newtype 2007 to 2008: Macross F articles

Author Topic: Newtype 2007 to 2008: Macross F articles  (Read 7856 times)

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sketchley's Macross Gateway - check today!
Newtype 2008.04: Macross F articles
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 09:29:09 AM »
Please extend the courtesy of proper citation via linking when you quote or paraphrase this translation.

Name that VF - create the pet-name for the VF-25!
(You know, Valkyrie, Thunderbolt, Excalibur, etc.)  Winner (or winners? Scan reading here) will be announced in the June Issue.  They'll also get a illustration of the VF-25 signed by Kawamori Shouji, and a Macross 25 T-shirt.  Look to the website for more information.

Special Edition 2008.04 Limited Version Newtype DVD: (various contents &) Macross F Special Karaoke PV (preview?)
  (?Part of/in the midst of? the) Joy Sound "Mottekke Campaign".  "One Chorus" is collected in this DVD!  (I get the impression that it's not a song title, but along the lines of everyone singing in the same chorus.)  Contains at least two songs: "Hyper Joy WAVE" and "(don't have time to look up this kanji) Don't Be Late".

Sing With Me - DVD+
Macross F

Starting from April 3rd, 1:25 in the middle of the night on MBS, TBS and other stations.

Let's go to the Live: Before Macross F starts, you can experience the music on DVD, at Karaoke, and live performances!
At the Tokyo International Anime fair 2008, there'll be a Macross F stage, with Ranka Rii's VA singing.
Sharyl Nome's singing voice VA: May'n.  (May Nakabayashi?)

Welcome to "F" World
Breakdown of the main characters, and small notes on their group and individual relationships with each other.  Groups are Misei (Bihoshii?) Campus High School (the kids in the Xgear), Ship Citizens (Ranka Rii), SMS (the pilots), Macross Galaxy (Sheryl and aid), New UN Government, and "Bajura" (Vajra? The name is in quotes.  Therefore, it's unclear if it's the official name of the group/race, the name of the red mecha that we've seen so far, or a temporary name.)

Radio Macross F start: from April 4th, from 1:30 in the middle of the night on MBS radio.

OP (Opening?) Theme is by Sakamoto (###) and (###) Youko: "Triangular" - a 15 second movie of the opening theme "Macross F into Triangular", and an anime book(let?) is available from April 3rd is planned.

That's pretty much the highlights and glance translations of the issue.  The above is most likely full of errors, and there may be more later in the magazine, but as I'm hungry and need to go have dinner, I'm stopping at this point.  Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:35:05 PM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Macross F - odds and ends from the 2008.04 Issue
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 11:21:18 AM »
Ok.  I had a chance to look at the DVD that came with the magazine.

Correction to the above: only one song.

???????? Don't be late
1:55.

Basically, it's the song that Sheryl starts her concert with in Eps. 01.  The footage is pretty much the same (except that it looks great on my PC at DVD quality resolution!)  The music starts the same (sans singing), and then changes to a karaoke type mix.

There is some additional footage as well (presumably from subsequent episodes) with Ranka Rii in a different costume.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Macross F - odds and ends from the 2008.04 Issue
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 11:27:38 AM »
Looks like there's going to be a pair of Zentraedi (Maeltraendi) girls appearing in the series.  Not sure if they're High School Students, or rival singers; as they had rather flamboyant costumes.

The higher resolution has allowed me to confirm something - there are (micro?) missile ports on the legs/belly of the VF-117.  Given that there are internal pallets in that spot on the VF-17, it looks like they've been given the VF-19P treatment.

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Newtype 2008.05: Macross F info
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 12:03:57 PM »
Please extend the courtesy of proper citation via linking when you quote or paraphrase this translation.

Page 1 :!:
5.08 Macross F CD single "????????Don't Be Late" by Sheryl Nome starring May'n (?1,555 including tax)

SDF:M Renewal Project, all released at the same time 4.23: vol. 1~6 (Vol. 1, 2, 3 Miss D.J., 4 ??????, 5 Rhapsody in Love ~??????~, 6 ??????????????????<???.  Each CD is ?2,100 (tax included).  (Vol. 2 is ?3,570).

Page 22
4 page article on Macross F, "More more Fly High!"
Green coloured VF-25 with number 004 on right shoulder (Ozuma's is also partially in frame, in his colours, and with 001 on the right shoulder.)
In addition to the article (an interview), there are some questions and answers:
1 Why does Ranka Rii's hair move?
2 In the futuristic streets, why is their a period look?
3 What's the source(?) of Ranka's mobile phone?
4 What kinda thing are Aruto and friend's suits?
5 Does (Sheryl)'s hair change while in the middle of the live performance?

Pg 130
Macross F Manga - first collection to be released 4.26.  B6 size, ?567.
Kadokawa contest. First prize (20 ppl) Macross F DVD 1.  2nd (1 person) 1/60 25th anniversary fully transforming YF-19 model.  3rd (1 person) W.H.A.M. fully stransforming SDF-1 Macross Movie Colour Edition, 3rd (10 pppl) Macross F opening theme Toraiangura- CD, 4th (10 ppl) Macross F Ending theme "Diamond Crevace CD, 5th (4 ppl) Macross F 25th anniversary T-shirt set, 6th (77 ppl) Kawamori Shouji x Macross F Quo Card, 7th (77 ppl) Aoiki Hayato Macross F Quo Card.

Pg 132
Macross F promo/animation school combi advertisement (apparently two of the staff in Satellite, working on Macross F graduated from the school.)

Pg 148
Macross F episode list and airdates (all show times on MBS, Thursdays at 25:25.  Though other stations are airing it at different times, and even MBS is broadcasting the 2nd episode at a different time.)

2: Hard Chase (4/10)
3: On Your Marks (4/17)
4: Miss Macross (4/24)
5: Star Date (5/01)
6: Bye Bye Sheryl (5/08)

Pg 204
4.26 Comics - Macross F #1.  Basically the same as earlier, but with a page count: 196.

There may be more Macross in it, but I haven't examined the magazine in detail.  If I weren't moving (read: having already packed away my good kanji dictionaries), then I'd be able to do some proper translating... as it is, patience.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:37:56 PM by Sketchley »

Offline Sketchley

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Newtype 2008.07 - Macross F articles
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »

I think this post should be subtitled "where isn't it?"

First, take a look at the cover: Upper left corner, right underneath the Newtype title: Macross F.

Second, turn it over, and try not to drool over the big, full size Macross F ad, with a cool looking VF-25 unit 007 FAST pack pose.  Are those VF-25, VB-06, VF171, and Quadelunn-Rau also flying in front of a Macross 25 Macross Quarter?  The ad is for the upcoming Blueray/DVD simultaneous release of the first Macross F episodes.  How many?  Probably 3.  Contains Episode 1 Deculture Edition (2007.12, 27 minutes), Episode 1 Yakku Deculture Edition (complete edition) (32 minutes).  All releases have audio comentary, 16 page liner notes, and the first release has Nyan-nyan 50th anniversary good(s).  Release date 7.25, with the Macross Zero Blue-ray Disc Box to be released on 8.22.

Into the magazine proper:

Pg 3 (apparently Newtype includes the cover as page 1 in their count?!) Aka pg 1: Macross F OST 1 Nyan Furo and "Travel Between the Stars" Ranak Rii = Nakajima Megumi CD single (release 6.25? add
Shyrl's blog: http://ameblo.jp/sherylnome
Ranka's blog: http://ameblo.jp/rankalee
and... Macross Renewal Project #3 release: 6 more rereleases of the Macross 7 albums, on 6.25.  (I think it's the last set, as it includes. Galaxy Network 2, Acoustic Fire!!, Dynamite Fire!!, Engish Fire!!, ZZNKQB/Zola Radio Fire!!, and Ultra Fire!!/ Fire Bomber Best Album.

Pg 6: Macross F and Macross Zero releases in a Blu-ray disc add.

Pg 13: Macross F in the title page, along with a picture from "Legend of Zero"

Pg 26~31 Macross article
26~27 - Cosmic Girl: some descriptions of the following: Ranak Rii, Nene Roora, Kuran Kuran, Raramia Reremia, and Nanase.  Upper left corner: Ranka saying "Listen to my song".  6.21 (tickets?) on sale for Ranka/Megumi's debute (with Sheryl Nome).  6.25 Ranak's debute CD release.

28~29 - article on an interview with Shoji Kawamori (chief director) and Yoko Kanno (composer).  Top half of the pages are comments on specific songs in Macross F.  Yes, "my boyfriedn's a pilot" is in there.  Along with the carrot song.  ;)

30~31 FIGHTER COMING!  Macross 25 Macross Quarter and VF-27 pictures, brief descriptions, and Brera Starne (VF-25 pilot.)  Yes, VF-27 in print.  No nickname is given.  The Macross 25 looks like it has two hands, and that the gun is a handheld weapon.  (Given that it can stow the flight deck/shield section, and the under portions of the ship that become the arms look exactly the same...)

Pg 68 Kuran Kuran image.  Not sure how it's connected to the commentary articles on the same page...

Pg 74~75 Interview and Monday to Sunday "journal" of Nakajima Megumi.

Pg 135 Macross F airdates, and brief episode synopsises:
6/12 no broadcast
6/19 Missing Birthday
6/26 Fastest Delivery
7/3 Twilight Planet

Pg 146 Rankings:
Anime MUsic Delivery: Ai Oboetimasuka? - DYRL? @#10
Animation Delivery: Macross F @#1
CD Single: Triangular @#3
Male Anime character: Saotome Aurto @#4 (last month -)
Female Anime character: Sheryl Nome @#3 (last month @#8), Ranka Rii @4 (last month @#10)
Popular Anime: Macross F @#2 (last month @#4)

Pg 160: Fan art, Ranka and Sheryl

Pg 183: Revoltech Yamaguchi series and ?? (Move) Macross Plus YF-19 and YF-21 toys.

I'll conclude with Bobby's line from Eps. 07:

"Voltage Max!!!" Bobby Main Gun Attack!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:39:04 PM by Sketchley »